The ESCP Project is an on-going close collaboration with ERN PaedCan and SIOP Europe’s Clinical Trial Groups (ECTG) – aiming to develop approved clinical recommendations reflecting current best practice for each common childhood cancer type. The ultimate aim is to improve outcomes and to increase childhood cancer survival and quality of life by providing these benchmarks for best practice.
The ESCP Project is defining treatment pathways that reflect the current best standard of care – defined by the collective European experts in each field. These expert-endorsed recommendations aim to support improved access to best standard treatments for all children with cancer throughout Europe and holds the potential of reducing inequalities in childhood cancer outcomes across Member States. The intended use of the documents are to provide a documented recommendation for best standard treatments and can be used as a benchmark where there is no national recommendation or clinical trial option available.
The first ESCP protocols are available on the SIOPE members’ portal (exclusive to SIOPE members) and others will follow gradually to provide important information to paediatric haemato-oncologists, patients, and families in situations where current standard best clinical practice is either not available or front trials are not accessible.
The following protocols were delivered in 2021:
- High-Risk Neuroblastoma (available on the SIOPE Portal)
- Pediatric-Onset Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis (available on the SIOPE Portal)
- Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma of Childhood and Adolescence (available on the SIOPE Portal)
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) in Children and Adolescents (available on the SIOPE Portal)
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) in Children and Adolescents
- Adrenocortical tumours in children and adolescents (available on the SIOPE Portal)
- Nasopharyngeal carcinoma in children and adolescents (available on the SIOPE Portal)
Protocols in development – for delivery Q4 2021:
- SIOPE European Osteosarcoma Study Group
- European Soft Tissue Sarcoma Group EpSSG
- SIOPE European Ewing Tumour Consortium
- SIOPEN – Low & Intermediate Risk Neuroblastoma
- SIOPE European Brain Tumour Consortium
- SIOPE- Retinoblastoma Group
- SIOPE- Renal Tumour Study Group
- SIOPEL SIOPE-Epithelial Liver Tumour Study Group
- SIOPE Expert Group (European Cooperative Study Group on Paediatric Rare Tumours)
- Familial Leukaemia
Planned & Scheduled for delivery Q2 2022:
- EHL European Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Consortium
- Germ Cell Tumours
- EWOG- MDS (European Working Group of MDS in Childhood)
We would like to thank the Young SIOPE Members, CRC Mentors, the ECTGs Chairs as well as representatives of the widening countries and CCI Europe Members involved in the project for their invaluable support.